The Social Inclusion of Learners project (SoIL) are hosting networking conferences and seminars across Europe to share our research findings and build a network of professionals. RIX Research and Media are hosting the SoIL conference in London and we would like to welcome educators and teachers to join us from the 14th June – 16 June 2018.
Date: 14/06/18 – 16/06/18
Location: Good Hotel London
- Evaluate inclusive, individualised teaching methods in the classroom.
- Foster the inclusion of disadvantaged learners (including children of newly arrived migrants and people with disabilities) whilst preventing and combatting discriminatory practices.
- Empower teachers to be able to address the needs of all learners and understand the diversity of learners.
- Build a network of experts, educators and policy and decision makers to disseminate information and progress.
- Create open access resources to empower educators.
The seminars will present innovative inclusive practices that are tried and tested and proven to be helpful in promoting inclusion. During the three days seminars you will have an opportunity to learn:
- How to empower learners by using the ‘learning office’ – which promotes peer learning approach
- How to motivate and engage all learners using the Multimedia Advocacy and the Universal Design for learning approach
- How to make learning fun for all learners using a range of digital, easily accessible tools and apps
- How to communicate in the diverse classroom using the Easy to Read – Capito approach
Teachers, teaching assistants, teacher trainers and others involved in children or adult education who are interested in receiving training in the above mentioned methods and are keen to try or implement them in their practice are welcome to register. Please note that these seminars are free but places are limited The seminar takes place over three days:
Thursday 14th June 10am – 4pm
Friday 15th June 10am – 4pm
Saturday 16th June 10am – 1pm
If you would like to attend but are unable to do so for the whole event, please register then let us know which days you are unable to attend by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image from the SoIL conference in Bratislava, October 2017
6 weeks after the seminar you will be asked to complete an evaluation questionnaire with your feedback on implementing the tools within your practice.
We would like to welcome teachers from all over the UK to attend our seminar. If the travel costs will be barrier for you attending we have a limited budget to assist teachers’ travel costs. Please contact us on email@example.com for more information.